Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I'm too Young!!

Well, my little girl turned 5 today. I'm too young to have a 5 year old! lol :) Now, ask me this in another 5 years and I'll probably say the same thing. One thing you have to understand about my baby is that she is a total and complete princess. In and out, out and in. People say it's a "phase", well- it's been a 3 year phase. At one point, we had to "name" her food, each little bit she took had to be named a certain princess in order to get her to eat it. Not kidding. So she's stuck in the princess "phase" and then goes through each individual princess phase. It's been Cinderella for quite sometime, but recently it's been Ariel. So, back to tonight.... :) We had a complete princess party. The cake had to be princess, I went to the store to find the perfect cake. Check. Then she had to have princess gifts. Check. Then she HAD to have the new Cinderella 3 movie. Check. Well, seems as though grandma and grandpa are totally on board with this whole princess thing and got her a little Cinderella doll and an interactive DVD princess game. Check. The thing has 250 games and activites on it. Think she'll be a princess after she plays them all?!
Well, here are the pics from tonight. It really was fun. "Mommy- I'm 5 today. I'm all growed up!" How can you not love something like that?! too cute. And how can you not love a little face like that too? spending the time and money to make a little girls face light up like only once- that is worth everything in the world to me. Adorable.
(the word "princess" is listed in this post 11 times. is that a little excessive?!)





5 comments:

Melissa said...

Ah, how sweet! Sounds like she had the best birthday ever - way to go mom!

Anonymous said...

John and I cannot believe she is 5!!! Kindegarten is coming up, huh? I agree, you are too young! Jk. If anyone could do it, you could! Ha, but listen to this. When my kid is 5 I'll be 30---bleech!!!! Then I really will be old enough. Or just plain old!!!

AMANDA said...

Happy birthday Hailey!! Isn't it sad how fast time flies!?! She looks very happy...that is what matters!! Best Mommy ever!!

Anonymous said...

She really is the sweetest little girl :)! The princess thing could be worse though - my neice went through a phase where she would introduce herself to everyone as "Belle." After her mom explained not to do that, and that she needed people to know her real name, she began introducing herself as "Snow White." Little girls . . .

Anonymous said...

How CUTE!!!