Tuesday, March 18, 2008

WONDERFUL weekend~

So I made my way to beautiful San Francisco this past weekend with my wonderful friend Roxy. She got me the hookups and I couldn't have asked for anything more fun! Here's a low-down on the weekend and some pics to prove it.

Wednesday: Flew into SF and saw my Roxy. It was so good to see her. Leah lou came and picked us up from the airport and took us on a nice ride and view of SF. We first went to the pier and saw the ocean/ports. Took some pics and enjoyed walking around. We found some cool street vendors and had some really yummy cupcakes :) We then made our way to the absolutely incredible Gardens at the Palace of Fine Arts. (that is is Leah right?) Yah... this place was freakin unbelievable. we spent most of our time here walking around and taking pics because you couldn't help but be inspired by the beauty around you. Leah also took us over to the Golden Gate bridge to take some pics and that was totally cool too. In the mean time, we drove around looking at the coast and at massive, beautiful houses. It was seriously all too cool. I told Rick that if we ever get to the point of making 500K a year, we're totally moving there! :) We then met up with Aly at the Nook for some shopping (which was totally fun). I got hooked up with some awesome product and can't wait to play with it. Then it was off to dinner. After that- we had to say our goodbyes and head to the hotel.

Thursday: Wake up and have a good breakfast then head to the convention center. We got there, found our stuff and started at work. I had woken up that morning with a stuffy nose and knew that it wasn't going to be good for me that day. so because of my belly (hahahaha) i wasn't allowed to lift anything. But once everything was off the pods and on the floor, i set to work helping to set up the displays and product. It took us 11 hours to set up the whole thing. It was a long day to say the least. I don't think i've ever been so sore in my life! but we did a fabulous job i thought! We then headed to PF Changs for dinner which was the BEST chinese ever! Oh man... can't wait to get back there! I took some Benedryl and headed to bed as soon as we got home.

Friday: Woke up feeling even worse! I was so miserable and SOOOOO mad that I had gotten sick. But i had a long day ahead of me and a class to teach, so i geared up, took more benedryl and we headed. Got there, set up the class- just to have ONE WHOLE PERSON show up!! I was upset at the turnout- but quite happy that i didn't have to be miserable for an hour and a half teaching while feeling ill. So the lady that attended was very nice and had a good time. said she loved the class too- so at least that was good. Went through the day mostly running the register. I didn't want to sneeze and snot all over customers, so i tried to avoid going around. I sat down a lot and did what i could to help, but it really wasn't a good day. Although I loved being there and experiencing running the booth instead of visitng them. Aly was nice enough to just drop me off at the hotel after grabbing a quick bite on the way and then they headed to dinner while i went to bed. I was sad to miss out- but once i hit the pillow... i was out!

Saturday: I woke up WONDERFUL. I guess sleeping for 12 hours worked wonders, cause it seriously was needed. I didn't take anymore benedryl as I had figured that the side effects were affecting me more than the actual sickness was. So once that was out of my system, i was 100%! We made it to the convention again in time for me to set up my class again. I had 12 people this time and it was SO much fun to teach. The ladies were wonderful and loved the class. It's been a couple months since the last class i taught and I had forgotten how much i loved it. So I was so happy to teach again. Afterwards, i headed to the booth where Roxy proceeded to tell me that I had to sit and demo the Zutter Bind it all machine. i freaked. lol- I've never used the thing before in my life and iw as supposed to demo and sell the thing?! PUH-LEASE woman! but.. she was serious and i told her i'd do my best. So i ran over to the booth, grabbed the manual and started playing around. I guess people thought i knew what i was doing because they all proceeded to sit down and watch and ask questions. After about 30 minutes, i had figured the thing out and had sold 3 of them! So now that i'm on cloud 9, i decided that i was the bomb-diggity and could do this thing. I sat for another few hours and demo'd. after selling everything on the table and opening another box, Roxy shows up. We then took turns the rest of the day Demoing the machine and working the booth. We sold out of a lot of product and ended up selling ALL but 6 of the machines! I was so excited. The time came for the show to end and we started tearing down. It took us only 4 hours to take it all down and leave as compared to more than twice as much time to put it up! but I left with some cool product myself, including one of the bind it all machines!!!! :) We then went to dinner, made it back to the hotel and had a blast. because i had been sick the past 2 nights, Roxy and I hadn't ahd a chance to have much fun. Aly was so tired, so she went to bed and Roxy and I proceeded to talk and laugh the night away. Finally about 2 o'clock we went to sleep just to wake up at 4am to get to the Airport on time.

Sunday: made it to the airport, got on my flight (which was fabulous) and then landed in Washington D.C. I had been able to catch the last flight on standby to get home earlier. I tried to then get on an other earlier flight on standby and with problems, they had overbooked it. I was so sad. I ended up having an almost 6 hour layover there becase of it. But i got on my original flight and made it home safe and sound.

It was a long weekend and one that i wouldn't trade for anything. I had such a blast (despite getting sick) and would totally do it all over again. the experience was amazing and i loved that Kim gave me the chance to do this. Kim has a wonderful store set up- totally check out her site, because it freakin rocks! http://www.scrapbooksnstickers.com/

So here's the pics i took from the weekend. I altered them and will be able to blow these up and frame them. I loved how they turned out. Have a good week everyone! :)


Amie said...

I wish I could have been there! Looks like a crazy awesome busy time. You got to see some fabulous things and your photos are lovely. And how cute are you!

Zarah said...

AWESOME photos - you look SO cute in those glasses and with your little cute belly! :D
So glad to see you had a good time, after all! :D

Anonymous said...

Love the pics...especially the one of Rox lookin' so happy! :)

Lisa Brown said...

So glad you had such a great time!! And beautiful pictures!

Melissa said...

Welcome back! Sounds like a fun trip. Don't you love the Palace of Fine Art?

Anonymous said...

I've been stalking your blog waiting for these pics! lol What a fun trip! And you look freakin' adorable in the specs! :)

Amy Birch said...

What super photos, Amber!!! Looks like you all had a great time!!!

{Jason and Elan} said...

It sounds like it was a way fun weekend. Your pictures turned out beautifully. And P F Chang's is my favorite, the food is so good!

Unknown said...

Makes me miss home!!