Wednesday, December 13, 2006

It's Christmas time!

Can you believe it's only a week and a half away?! crazy!! I know i've gotten all of my shopping done- just have to wrap it all... which happens to be my LEAST favorite part.

I was in the process of making my Christmas cards, and after about 2 hours of painful nonsatisfaction- I decided to give up. Then I was reminded that Rick said he wanted to do the Christmas cards this year. Being an artist and all- I thought it was a wondeful idea. So he did! He sat down and made our Christmas card this year and this is how it turned out!


I inked the edges, added alittle glitter, stamped the inside, and it's done! Now for those of you lucky enough to get a card from us... I'll put a little warning in right now- we've stayed up the past 3 nights constructing a "story" family letter. It is down right hilarious. I will post the letter after I send them all out within the next week for you all to read. My abs are so sore from laughing so much. And I'll also admit that Rick was the one that came up with most of the funny ideas in that thing!

And.... this is somewhat HUGE- but I managed to actually scrapbook this week! I made one page, and sorry I can't show it- it's for the Adornit ad going in Feb issue of Scrapbook Etc. So you can see it then and then I'll post it on here. Made me feel good to finally do something for myself though. And believe it or not- I'm actually pulling all my product out to yet another page today! I'm practicing my style for the Hall of Fame contest. For those of you who don't know what that contest is, it's the biggest scrapbook contest ever. You have to submit pages according to theri guidlines and you have to submit a total of 12 pages. It's a difficult one- and chances are slim because thousands of entries are submitted. But I like the challenge and if you win- you get a huge amount of money and scrapbook products to last you the next 10 years of your life! So I wanna win pretty badly.

Here's is a page I did a while ago- but never had the time to show it off. I used all Adornit supplies. I like it.. simple- but it's cute! let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! How awesome that Rick made the cards. Kevin usually writes out letter, but took a break this year. Oh, and I would still love the Christmas party pictures :).