Sunday, January 14, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby







I haven't had time to post this until now- but my baby turned 1 a couple days ago and it's such a sad sad time! Time flies by and I can't believe it! So there's obviously a nice story going with these pics- so I'll be the narrator... just imagine you can hear my voice in your head!
We day started off pretty well. Typical birthday day. We were all being extra nice and spending most of our time playing with the baby. I went to pick up the cake at the store that I had made. First of all...... when your child turns one...it's a cardinal law to have chocolate cake for your child to dig in to. I ordered a chocolate cake... did I get a chocolate cake? NO!!!! She had white cake with vanilla frosting....strike one. So i blow it off- 'cause what am I gonna do? We go through the day just playin and having fun. I go to lay her down for a nap, during this time of "sleeping", I hear this faint whopping cough coming from her room. Strike 2. It comes time for dinner, so we eat and prepare for her little party. I went to get the gifts out of the car to wrap. I come inside and after frantically running through the house trying to find wrapping paper, the only thing I have is leftover Christmas wrapping paper!!! Strike 3. So now she has a bright pink and yellow cake, a cough, and red and green plaid presents. She's ONE... what's she gonna care right? Well.... little do people know that it doesn't matter what she wants.... all I can think about is how nothing matchies in the picture so how am I going to scrapbook it?! Sheesh! We sing Happy Birthday to her, I unwrap her gifts, because she can't, and then we set the cake in front of her. It was really pretty funny, she looked at it like it was a piece of chikunk ready to eat her alive..... ;) She slowly got to the point where she was poking her finger in the cake and then just dove in. And she was the one to decide when she was done eating it by throwing the whole thing on the floor. The pictures really explain it all! For a first birthday- it was a lot of fun. My baby is now 1 and isn't really my baby anymore- time for another one? NOT!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday Baby!

8 comments:

AtomicArt1 said...

Too cute Amber! The cake is adorable! I enjoyed your narrative as well. :)

AtomicArt1 said...

Oops! The guy with the blue face is my husband...I signed in w/his name on accident!

AMANDA said...

So cute amber!! You can still scrap about all the mishaps...it'll be fun memories!! I love that butterfly cupcake/cake so cute!!

Cassie said...

awww great pictures.

cassie
http://clgphotography.blogspot.com

Tam, I am said...

How adorable! What beautiful memories!

Anonymous said...

This year has gone by too fast! As sad as it is, I am so glad it is now. The cake was adorable. Oh, and derek's presents were in Christmas paper too - even though I promised myself that wouldn't happen. It was either Christmas or little girl paper :).

Julie said...

OMGosh I lovew the messy cake pics!! And the Butterfly cupcake cake is fantastic!!

Melissa said...

Mia is so cute! And I love the butterfly cacke - adorable!