Sunday, March 11, 2007

I Promise........

I don't beat my kids.. i swear! The phase I really despise is when little babies are starting to walk and in the "wobbly" stage. They hit their head so many times and I'm always amazed at how resilient they are. So I hear my baby screaming loud the other day and come running to her and find this nice shiner. Yup... she had a fight with the corner of the piano bench. And by the looks of it- it won. poor thing. And just yesterday I had my own fight with the edge of my entertainment center and got a nice bump myself. I want to know how these kids hit their heads several times and just play around like it's nothing. I have a new appreciation for kids bumping their heads. It's all good though- i'll show you a pic of her, but not of mine. :)
and just for kicks, i took this pic the other day right outside my house. I love the flowers here in the spring- they are so pretty!


4 comments:

the real ~Roxann~ said...

Poor little Mia-Pooh! You know that hurt! In a few days that baby will be a nice yellow-greenish color! Nice....

Love the flowers! Azaleas? Man, I miss that! No signs of spring here, minus just a little warmer temps here and there.

Anonymous said...

The opening line of your post so reminded me of John's mom. John bruises SO easily, and growing up with 6 brothers, he was ALWAYS beat up. Seriously, he has a black eye in two of their family pictures! But whenever he went to the doctor, his mom would always have to say, "I don't beat my son, I promise!" To this day, John always has bruises. But, unlike her, I really do beat him. >:) JK . . .

Lisa Brown said...

Oh, I so know what you mean!! I think Derek has had bruises on his face and forehead for the past 5 straight months. And Mia is still adorable, even with the shiner :).

Amanda said...

oh...poor thing! She still looks pretty happy though...what a sweetie!!! I know my little guy bangs his head all the time...and I don't know how he doesn't have a headache!!! Hope she's okay!!!