Wednesday, February 13, 2008

5 Things: Rant

Ok- so yesterday sucked. And after having a good nights rest, I can do this post without having boiling feelings. :) But I thought I'd post anyway, just to get it off my chest. lol
And for those of you who are from or live in this area, I'll be doing a POSITIVE POST about this too, so just wait for it. These are mearly on my observations and experiences.

5 Things I Hate about Savannah:

5) The smell. hahaha- as funny as that sounds, the summer is the worst with the marsh smell. seriously enough to make me puke! Mostly due to the humidity- which also sucks.:)

4) The traffic. Can you really have only 2 ways out of this city? I mean.... You run into SO much traffic no matter what time of day or what day of the week. It's ridiculous.

3) DRIVERS. I guess this has always been a pet peeve of mine, but if you're going slow... GET IN THE SLOW LANE!

2) Apt. Neighbors. Ok people, if you are going to live in an apt., realize that you WILL hear your neighbors. I don't care how new they are or whatever, DEAL WITH IT. on a side note: be courteous too- people don't want to hear your hard rock music at 2 am.

AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON:
1) PEOPLE. Honestly... heres' my biggest rant of all. They say Southern Hospitality right? Out of the 4 years i've lived here, i've seen it like ONCE. From the bag boy at the grocery store putting BANANAS ON TOP OF MY BREAD, to the high school kids getting off the bus and walking in the middle of the road and not moving for oncoming cars, to teachers swearing and yelling at kids, to being afraid for my life when I drive down the road and see a "group" of boys because I don't know whether I'm gonna get shot or just looked at, to having a kid shot/murdered right in front of my house because of a STUPID agrument over something STUPID, to the news who only reports the current murders and shootings. Man... there's really SO much more I could say, But i'll save it. Besides the WONDERFUL friends and people I've met through church and the scrap store, I just have not liked anyone that I have come in contact with. period. WHy is it that people are so concerned about dumb things and not considerate of others. I just don't understand that. I was raised to have respect for others, and I just don't see that AT ALL here.

Ok- i'm done. I just needed to get that off my chest. I'm ok now. Guess i'm reaching the breaking point in knowing I'm moving away from here and aside from my dear friends, I can't wait.
Love Ya'll!!!!! :)-

6 comments:

the real ~Roxann~ said...

Amen sister!! Here's the list I did last year of the TOP 10 Things I won't miss about Savannah.... and out complaints are very similar!!

Check it out here
http://therealroxann.blogspot.com/2007/01/top-ten-things-i-wont-miss-about.html

Rant on, girly, rant on!!! :P

Rox

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, this third generation Savannahian is starting to feel the same way! ;)

Anonymous said...

yeah, and it's only gonna get worse! the thing is, i thought it was this way everywhere. i'm very worried about the future. hey, if you go to the movie theaters behind savannah mall, you will see it all right there. very scary place.

lynn

jinxi~ aka angi said...

I tell ya.. the respect in the world has gone to pot. I could have written the same post from my area in St.Louis on the Metro Side. Gahh. Hang in there... there has to be good in the world somewhere and things we are blinded from on occasion. :)

Tam said...

I too hate Savannah and have been so very miserable here. Great post. Southern Hospitality...yeah right...you get more southern hospitatlity in NEW YORK or DC than here! YOU are lucky you are getting to MOVE!

Jen Gallacher said...

Ok, you've had a way different experience than I have; but I seriously loved Savannah. Miss it like crazy. But I see your point. :)