Saturday, December 13, 2008

Yet another "calling in life"

yes... i have found another one. Re-finishing furniture. Now... if oyu had asked me this when i was redoing my piano... i would have shot you in the face. lol but honestly- if you have the right tools- i LOVE seeing the end product and making all the work worth it.
remember the mention of re-doing the dresser that was given to us? here's the sucker before i did anything. (actually... i had started sanding the top already- but you get the idea)
the nice and UGLY wood.... the gold/brass knobs that happened to half of them missing.....yah- not cute AT ALL.
so i spent 2 days hard core working on this thing knowing snow was coming. and it's a good thing i did- because it was a MAJOR storm this morning. anyway- we got it inside and got the new knobs on it and got everything set up. holy cow---- I LOVE IT! turned out so good!! see!!.......
isn't it awesome?! i know.. ya'll are jealous.. i can tell. ;)-
and there's enough storage to keep all my stuff in it and you can't tell. i even have one drawer empty. fun times fun times. just need to find something cutsie decor-ish to put in that middle section.
rick was so proud of me. and i must say- i am proud of myself too! :)

15 comments:

Nicole Martel said...

you did a wonderful job!!

Lindsey said...

Holy cow! That's fantastic! I'm going to have to find out exactly how you did that. I reeeeaaally want to redo my bedroom furniture. Ug.. if you would just come visit you could do all sorts of lovely things to my home! :)

nichole said...

soo cute! if you give lessons sign me up!

Pamela said...

Holy cow, you did a great job!!!

Anonymous said...

very well done!

Anonymous said...

wow that is beautiful! great job

the real ~Roxann~ said...

Amber! Way to go, sister! You know, I have "repurposed" many furniture pieces since we moved from GA. And every single one, I used Black, as well! Where are you using the piece? In the living room?

Lisa Brown said...

It looks fantastic!

{Jason and Elan} said...

wow, it really did turn out great! And I love your new decor on top of it. What a great idea to take out the top drawers, it really looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

GREAT job girly. It's amazing what some elbow grease can do for ya. I've got several pieces that I want to redo, just waiting for the inspiration to strike. ;)

jinxi~ aka angi said...

Rock on! Id say you found another calling! Great way to work out your frustrations maybe too? haha..

Rebecca said...

I'm way impressed! Want to come and re-do our dressers now? Any tips for those of us who are planning on doing something similar?

Cindy Howard said...

wow, I am totally impressed, {and yes envious} What an eye you have. That's amazing!

BiblioBags said...

Wow. I'm SUPER impressed. I sanded and stained a dresser that was about the same size and it didn't look nearly as good. Ugh, that must have taken FOREVER! Great job!

Melissa said...

Wow! It sure looks great! Wish you'd discovered this other calling in life when I lived by you, so you could teach me a thing or two. Nicely done.